Friday, June 01, 2007

Here...Look At This Crap

My Technical Writings...


1. All weld preparation, weld techniques, weld operator qualification, weld procedure specification, and weld workmanship shall be conducted in accordance with the ANSI/AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code and ASME BPVC Section IX, as applicable.

2. All vertical and horizontal welds in the stack shell plates shall be completed with the fully automated submerged arc welding (SMAW) process.

3. All welds shall be full penetration. Partial penetration welding is not allowed.


Yes, I actually wrote that stuff, along with a couple of more pages of similar mind-numbing ramblings this morning.

My head was going to explode if I didn't reach down inside and drag it out onto paper, and apparently right now there is a paying market for such gibberish, so I thought... what the heck, I used to do that kind of stuff anyway and had some left over that might be trying to leak out of mouth when the occasion presented itself.

I didn't want to scare anybody, but I made an exception for you today.

Now I ask that you find something else to do while I go a take a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VR

gotta question this.

2. All vertical and horizontal welds in the stack shell plates shall be completed with the fully automated submerged arc welding (SMAW) process.

Now I know you want to make sure you're covered, so I just have to ask. What process should be used for all welds in the stack that are NOT either vertical or horizontal? for example: tangential. would it be fully manual vs fully automated?

Other than that, it looks very professional, almost as if a mechanical engineer wrote it.

I'm just kidding of course.

glad you're back writing.