Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Living Off Broadway

Working In The Theater Again...


The ironic thing about our move last month was that I landed here on Alabama Street on our little Island. (I'm FROM Alabama originally...GET IT?)

Around us are streets with other original names like Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and nearby Broadway that runs parallel to Peachtree Street one block over. I'm not sure if I'm just lost on the globe in the southeastern US, or wandering somewhere in Atlanta sometimes, but then I snap to my senses and remember that we live here in paradise.

Thank GOD...

This morning I'm taking time off from my scientific research to head over to Brunswick to do some stage prep work for my buddies Rob and Heather at the Ritz Theater. I've spent a good deal of time over the past year or so making sawdust on their behalf building Theater sets and things to support their ongoing presentations, and they have some platforms they need put together for an upcoming show and I volunteered to fire up some of my new tools and "get er done.".

I may stop by Lowes or Home Depot and get a few more things to blow up this afternoon, or I may just come home and screw around in the yard doing some pruning and other maintenance that's been festering while I contemplated my research efforts.

Good gosh the weather is wonderful--I can stand outside for a couple of hours and not break a sweat.

No comments: