Friday, September 21, 2007

Global Warming Weenies Celebrate

Actually they're crying in their Tofu Soup


I just got an E-mail from the National Weather Service saying that the soggy mess that we've been living under for the past few days has moved itself west and gotten organized over the Gulf of Mexico. Here, take a look:



There are actually some people out there who are secretly wishing that this storm will attain Hurricane strength and land back on top of New Orleans as Katrina part II. Of course they'll never admit it in public, but that's about the only thing that can keep this season from being a complete bust for them and their alarmist friends.

Does anyone but me notice that it's September 21st, eleven days past the peak of the 2007 Hurricane season, and this is only the tenth Tropical Depression?

What happened to the record season and killer storms Al Gore and his wild eyed tinfoil hat wearing followers were threatening us with?

This season has been even milder than 2006 was, but that didn't stop even a few normally reputable, well balanced people at NOAA and the Weather Channel from jumping on the human induced climate change bandwagon.

I thought that Global Warming was going to put me and most of NY City under 20 feet of water by Labor Day.

I've resisted writing in detail about what I know about this subject in the recent past, but let's just say that I'm privy to some private writings by people like Doctor Richard Lindzen, a Meteorologist at MIT, whom has been vilified by much of the so-called "scientific community" that supports man made global warming as fact.

The problem is, just because you have a PHD in some discipline like Ancient Indian Toilets or have the word "Scientist" in your job title/job description while you do obscure work in the field of Magneto-Hydrodynamics, doesn't mean that you know BEANS about predicting the weather and analyzing weather data.

In spite of what the "Professor" on Gilligan's Island told you, all smart people don't know everything about everything--particularly technical disciplines needing super computers to tell me it's going to rain tomorrow and then manage to be wrong almost half of the time.

If the weather nerds at the Weather Channel can't tell me today what the temperature is going to be at my house next Monday, how can they be relied on to tell me that it's going to be 1 degree hotter every day of the year twenty years from now?

Well...

I'm waiting for someone to give me an answer...

Yeah, I thought so...

OK, time's up, I've got to go out to the driveway now and try blowing up some copper pipe I'm putting together in the name of science.

Since I can't afford my own Corporate Jet, maybe my propane torch will help me raise my own carbon footprint.

No comments: