Sunday, September 16, 2007

US Hurricane Season Still A Bust--Part II

Al Gore Still Doesn't Care...


Well, it's looking more and more like everyone should thank me for buying flood insurance for the first time this year.

On not one but TWO residences.

Both are within a couple thousand yards of the Atlantic Ocean...which, by the way, hasn't
risen up and flooded my dog and my bike off the front porch yet.

Wait a minute...

I just checked, and the Turbo Pup is in bed with Pat and the bike is still sitting comfortably where I left it.

Murphy's law working like it does, I suspect that things might have turned out differently if we had just resorted to sitting here with our eyes closed wearing our bathing suits and life preservers.

My generator is still sitting in the unopened box with a dry gas tank. I really want to get it out and play with it, but the salt air down here would probably disolve it into a pile of rust and faded plastic parts if I opened the shrinkwrap so I've resisted the urge.

I looked at the 2 AM forecast which has the latest threat, former tropical storm Ingrid, turning to turn north to die off shore in the cooler waters:




At the risk of jumping the gun, I think that I'll go take a bath in my emergency drinking water in celebration...


.

No comments: