Thursday, March 18, 2010

Anybody Want A "Limp Pickle"?

I'm Headin' Toward Happy Hour...


I think that I just came up with a new Shooter Drink which could actually go somewhere given proper promotion and marketing.

As those that know me in real life know, I enjoy the occasional (or not so occasional) "Dirty Martini" made with super chilled premium Vodka with Olive "juice" spashed in for color and flavor.

So fast forward to this afternoon when I'm cleaning up from cooking my German Night extravaganza last night (I call it an "extravaganza" because there were three meats and two vegetables and the Swedish already have the word "Smorgasbord" copyrighted...) and in the process I ended up emptying a jar by eating the last dill pickle...but there was still juice in there...

Then one thing lead to another and I couldn't resist taking a sip of the Dill Pickle Juice, and then I said to myself...I said...

"Self...I bet that there juice would be good tossed on top of some vodka."

And then, being a professional Injuneer and part time scientist and amateur research Chemist, I remembered that it just so happened that I had some 100 proof Vodka in my Freezer for use as a solvent and for other scientific purposes, so in the interest of world piece peace and promoting human welfare the happiness of yuppies and drunks everywhere I did this...

I poured exactly 20 ml of Vodka into a graduated beaker, then added 5 milliliters of Kroger brand Dill Pickle juice to the container, shook it with ice, and proceeded to come back here and risk giving away all my secrets a bunch of stuff which shouldn't make it on to the Internet....

so I'll be going now because I still have Vodka and pickle juice and it's calling me back to the kitchen laboratory.

(I almost forgot...the reason I call the drink "Limp Pickle" is because I believe that's all you'll be left with if you're over 30 and drink more than a couple...go figure...)

2 comments:

roy said...

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'll have to remember not to try that sometime.