Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fire On Beside The Mountain

Massive Lawn Clean Up Efforts...


Everybody look out, because "Burn Permit" in hand, this morning shortly after sunrise (and after downing a pot of coffee or possibly a couple of Bloody Marys) I'm hitting the back yard...chainsaw and electric hedge clippers and pruning loppers in tow on a mission to remove every stick and branch and bramble that is deemed to be out of place within reach of my hands...while standing on top of a 6 foot tall step ladder or my 20' tall extension ladder.

Look West or East or North or South on the horizon (depending on which way you happen to reside relative to the location of the Turbo Pup Compound here on the Banks of the Mighty Tennessee River), and that plume of smoke you see will possibly be from my expert combustionary efforts (is "combustionary efforts" a real word?) today.

Now where's my cigars and lighter...wait...I have time for a nap first...

No comments: