Friday, September 09, 2011

"Peggy" Strikes Again

I'm Past Being Tired Of Dealing With Indian Call Centers

OK...here's my latest gripe this morning.

Freaking Software Companies selling you "convenient" downloads of their products with limited times to actually download and install their product.

Take Norton 360, for example.

They sold me a "one to three computer" version of their product about a year ago for 79 bucks or something there abouts, and I jacked around and only installed in on one of my five computers, and since I didn't pay them the extra ten or twenty bucks for the "extended download period" I've spent most of the past year without anti virus/spyware protection on my primary laptop.

Then last week I was snooping around my bank and credit card statements online and noticed a charge from Symantic for $76.46. I was thinking WTF is this and realized that my crappy single copy of the antivirus/anti-spyware software had "AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED" itself, when today I can go online and  buy a new copy of the three computer download for less than $50...or better yet I can go to Best Buy or Staples and buy a DVD which I can hold in my hands and install on up to three computers any time I want, but NooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm in download SOFTWARE HELL and I've called their stupid customer support line three times now and ended up hanging up THREE TIMES NOW because I get some freaking idiot AKA "PEGGY" from India or Bang Ladesh or somewhere else that can't understand and barely speaks the KING'S FREAKING ENGLISH and after I concisely tell him what I want--MY MONEY BACK--he proceeds to start asking inane questions and trying to convince me not to CANCEL MY FREAKING "SUBSCRIPTION" TO THEIR SOFTWARE SERVICE.

I'm too old for this crap, Ladies and Gentlemen.  I'm going to get my walking stick my walker on my scooter and ride down where ever it is that I need to ride down to in Southern California and kick some ass this morning. And If I need to get on an airplane and fly over to India in the process and teach everyone in the room the meaning of the words "I WANT MY MONEY BACK" I'm liable to do just that.

(taking a big breath here boss...)

That will be all...for now...

No comments: