Thursday, September 08, 2011

Today's Tropical Weather Tip

Tropical Storm "Maria" Pretty Far South...

I'm sitting around this afternoon pretty much just picking my nose and scratching my ass trying to get focused, and in the process my review of the local and international weather maps I noticed something which might be of interest to you in the next 7 to 10 days.

Check out this map showing the present location and predicted path of the 13th storm of this season--"Maria":


That path...Ladies and Gentlemen...is pretty darn far south toward the equator for this point of Longitude on the map.

That path could take this storm...even only as a tropical storm rather than a Hurricane...over places like Trinidad & Tobago or even Aruba if it doesn't swing north like predicted.

And if that storm continues Westward from that low Latitude for long enough then we might better be remembering a storm called ANDREW.

Of course it's yet to be seen, but I'm just saying...

(And I reserve the right to say "I told you so" in a couple of weeks...)

No comments: