Friday, April 29, 2005

Burritos of (M)ass Destruction

I don't know whether to explode with gas or just submit this story about a potentially deadly burrito for your own review and cogitation.

School Mistakes Huge Burrito for a Weapon

CLOVIS, N.M. - A call about a possible weapon at a middle school prompted police to put armed officers on rooftops, close nearby streets and lock down the school. All over a giant burrito.

Someone called authorities Thursday after seeing a boy carrying something long and wrapped into Marshall Junior High.

The drama ended two hours later when the suspicious item was identified as a 30-inch burrito filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos and wrapped inside tin foil and a white T-shirt.

"I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," school Principal Diana Russell said.

Since I'm cooking Mexican food this month over at The Redneck Gourmet, I'll try to be careful and make small burritos so I don't have the swat team outside my window any time soon.

Any body got some Beano?

No comments: