Saturday, April 30, 2005

Media Smedia

As I wrote back in August in Random Thoughts And Cogitations, the media obsession with missing pretty girls--married, engaged, pregnant, or otherwise--is complete crap.

What if you are a butt-ugly, hair-lipped, drooling moron, and you go missing? The police could care less and FOX News' Greta Van Susteren wouldn't twist her crooked mouth for ten minutes over a ten week period about your demise.

I'm happy that Jennifer is OK, but just look at how much time has been wasted by the media and police officials, not to mention John and Jane Doe Americans? Even I ended up getting caught up in this whole process at the last minute. I'm writing about it for the third time this morning.

As I said before, forget the media, forget the spotlights, if you want to worry about missing persons (there are over 900,000 missing persons reported each year and 100,000 missing at any given time,) it would be well worth your time to help out locally--on some poor regular guy or gal that doesn't get the attention of FOX news.

Make a difference, don't follow the crowd...I am.

No comments: