Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Darn I'm Good...

Earlier this morning (5:25 AM) I posted my concern about potential tropical weather developing to the southeast offshore of Melbourne, Florida.

I just got this E-mail (5:45 AM) from the National Weather Service (no...I'm not that important--I subscribe to the service):

RADAR DATA AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE THAT A CLOSED SURFACE CIRCULATION HAS FORMED JUST OFF THE COAST OF EAST-CENTRALFLORIDA... WITHIN THE LARGE AREA OF DISTURBED WEATHER EXTENDINGFROM FLORIDA EASTWARD ACROSS THE NORTHERN BAHAMAS. A TROPICAL CYCLONE IS FORMING... AND ADVISORIES WILL BE INITIATED SHORTLY WITHA SPECIAL ADVISORY. A RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO INVESTIGATE THIS SYSTEM LATER TODAY.

I checked the Melbourne, Florida weather radar and there is most definitely a counterclockwise rotation visible on the radar loop.

The good news is that the system is not very far offshore so IF it tries to develop further it hopefully won't be able to get very far before it comes ashore.

Things could get interesting here on the Georgia coast depending on which way the wind is blowing over the next few days...

No comments: