Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Transients In The Hydronic Systems

I’m Not Talking About Hobo’s In Your Bathtubs Either…


Just Damn…People—Instead of exploding, I actually think that my head will just fall off of my shoulders, roll around on the ground, and rot into a pile of mush if I’m forced to look at any more of the crap going on today in the world, as reported by the drive-by lamestream national media.

Is it just me, or what?

I’m really trying to make an effort here on my blog to be calm and nice, but…

Unless a couple of things happen, and unless a couple of new stupid things don’t happen to take their place in my cranium, I think that I’ll just stow away in one of the wheel wells on the Space Shuttle and take my chances, since I’m unable to breath for most of the day here on the earth’s surface anyway—watching the TV news and reading the newspapers both local and national.

The ongoing hysteria and media frenzy about little Miss Dead Beauty Queen Ramsey and that pasty faced, giant fore-headed, pansy-assed looking idiot that got a free ride in business class (at taxpayer expense) from SE Asia back to the US makes me want to break things and try to bite the TV remote control in half every time the story comes on.

Then there is the crash of Comair flight 5191 which took the life of my fellow blogger Steve over at Hog On Ice’s cousin’s AirTran Captain husband (confused yet?), Clarence Fortney, along with 48 other souls.

What kills me is that while the national media continues to spaz out over 50 dead people and the 2,500+ dead soldiers from Iraq, that they continue to fail to mention that by midnight TONIGHT we will have killed another nearly 120 people (44,000 annually) in auto accidents here in the US--mainly because most people out there drive like total IDIOTS, a fact that I observed again on Sunday afternoon during the return trip from Orlando to our little Island.

Continuing the contribution to my personal insanity is the media’s celebration of the one year anniversary of President Bush’s mandate that every poor person in New Orleans be killed by their own stupidity the Louisiana Democratic politicians’ incompetence racist Republicans caught pumping millions of gallons of chemically poisoned floodwaters that were allowed to flow across the Parishes of the city at 1 inch per hour after Hurricane Katrina was somewhere up in Canada.

In celebration of that event, we here on St. Simons are looking forward to the possibility of dodging Tropical Storm or soon to be Hurricane Ernesto.

If this latest storm does end up coming our way, I’m thinking about taking off all my clothes, abandoning my Suburban in the middle of the Torras Causeway at rush hour during the evacuation, and then running around looking for TV cameras and government helicopters—all the time screaming about not having enough warning and wanting my $2,000 FEMA debit card because I need some new tennis shoes and a lap dance down at the Red Carpet lounge in Brunswick.

Having addressed all of those issues, I finally come to an situation which really gives me an industrial case of the ACHING ASS.

SOME STUPID IDIOT ELECTED PARTISAN DUMBASS IN THE UNITED BY GOD STATES OF AMERICA’S SENATE has put a secret hold on Senate Bill S.2590 (The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006.)

This is some kind of parliamentarian trick that, while it is currently completely LEGAL, allows the CHICKEN SHIT MORONS that some of you out there elect and choose to call “Senators” (a couple of dudes named Kerry and Kennedy come instantly to mind) to hold up legislation without letting the public know who or whom they are.

For those that haven’t been following what is casually called the “Coburn/Obama Federal Budget Database Bill”, the legislation would make available on the internet to average citizens the intricate details of all of the BS pork spending and so-called “earmarks” that are jammed and crammed into the federal budget and unrelated spending legislation each year.

But NOOOOOoooooooooo, that can’t possibly happen…financial accountability for elected officials?

It is clear that somebody out there in our Senate wants to stop this measure, even though it has already survived passing through the finance committee and was thereby due a vote on the Senate floor this week. What I want to know is, why do we all continue to allow these elitist snobs to court our votes, then treat us like insignificant pieces of crap once they get moved into their Georgetown Townhouses?

I wrote this letter this morning:

Dear Senator Chambliss,

I am writing to express my concern over the secret procedural hold recently placed on the Coburn/Obama S.2590 Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006.

I am also troubled by news reports of your office's lack of positive affirmation that you are not in fact the Senator responsible for preventing the floor vote on this important piece of much needed legislation.

On behalf of myself and the other voters of Glynn county and the state of Georgia, I respectfully ask that you make your best efforts to press this legislation forward in the name of open government, and not allow the continuance of archaic procedural rules to prevent the other 99 Senators to vote on a law that has already been approved in committee.

If you are in fact the individual Senator or one of a group of Senators responsible for this procedural roadblock to the vote on this legislation—I ask that you at least say so in public, for the record.

I would also like to see the Senate rules amended to prevent anonymous tricks like this from occurring in the future. I believe that if an elected official wants to show his true colors, thereby admitting to the public the interests they are truly representing, that they should have to conduct such business in the open, in the limelight, in a manner that is clear to those who sent them to Washington in the first place.

Best Regards,

Virgil Raymond Rogers, III
St. Simons, Georgia


I wish that a few more people would get off of their lazy butts and do the same...

DAMMIT

No comments: