Friday, September 01, 2006

Praise The Lord…And Pass The Hummus

And Don’t Make Me Breathe On You


OK Folks, I’m pleased to report that we got by with exactly two tiny tree limbs downed by the 6 MPH winds we had, and looking at the pool this morning we probably had about an inch and one half of rain.

The tropical storm actually cooled off the pool water a little so it doesn’t quite feel like getting into a tepid bathtub or a puddle of pee when you get in (although I’m sure that there is a generous quantity of urine in there because the miserable old farts my lovely elderly neighbors on the Condo Board insist on locking the bathrooms up like they’re expecting an assault of hairy hoards of teenagers or islamofaschists to over run our property at any minute.)

Any way, life goes on here in South Georgia and Northeastern Florida this morning, although I still want to find the phone number to see if I can apply for my FEMA check.

In more local news, I made some Hummus dip the other day which has enough garlic in it to honestly keep Vampires and Werewolves away from you for at least six months after eating a couple of tablespoons of the stuff.

I’m eating some right now, and Pat will probably beat me with the closest household item when I try to give her a good morning hug.

My current cooking program is to develop enough dishes to sponsor a Mediterranean Christmas party in early December featuring dishes from Morocco, Turkey, Greece, and a few other eclectic places.

I’ve got the recipes for Hummus, Olive tampenade, Moussaka (Eggplant), Stuffed Grape Leaves, Spanakapita (Spinach Pie), Moroccan Chicken, and several forms of couscous down to an art, but I’d like to come up with another main dish and a dessert or two (possibly baklava?) to complete the menu.

We had rave reviews over our last joint party with our friends Bruce and Ski, but the bar has now been raised and I feel compelled to try to improve my own standards over that we set with the Cinco de Mayo party last spring.

Dang...Being a legend in your own mind is sure hard work...

No comments: