Monday, June 18, 2007

Norton 360

Let Me Pay You To Torture Me



OK...I guess that I have to admit that I'm guilty of mindless consumerism.

You see, last Friday I realized that my HP Notebook must have picked up some kind of web based Fungus because every time I clicked on the Internet Explorer Icon I ended up looking at a BellSouth DSL connection screen with the User Name and Password already filled in.

If you waited around for a few seconds the password screen would disappear and be replaced with a "You have successfully logged into Bellsouth DSL service.'

Funny thing--there's no telephone line connected to my computer. I guess that I should feel privileged to have free DSL service without the bother of hooking a RJ11 cable to my computer

Somewhere back here in the real world I realized that since I use a Comcast cable modem, I must be looking at the product of some useless asshole's efforts that elects to break into complete stranger's homes to perpetrate crimes.

I hope that important body parts rot and fall off of such sub-human morons.

Any way, I logged into the Symantec website with the intention of renewing my anti-virus/anti-spyware software for another year and instead I opted for the Norton Utilities 360 software package that includes backup utilities and a firewall in addition to the aforementioned features.

So far I hate it.

It's like I bolted an old Converse High Top Tennis Shoe onto a thoroughbred racehorse...

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion and the stupid Bellsouth DSL bullshit still pops up every once in a while.

This from a $59 program?

Further, now I can't get pictures to upload to Blogger to put on my websites so nobody can enjoy my fabulous photo ability that will be displayed in the upcoming "Welcome to my World" exhibit being held next month down on Mallory Street in the village here on the island.

Let me ask you:

Where do I go to complain, and can anyone tell me if I'm wrong here?

No comments: