Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seek & Yea Shall Find

Amazing Realizations...


Believe it or not, within 12 hours of my posting Norton 360, I received this E-Mail communication from Cicilia Daclan at Symantec:

Dear Mr. Rogers,

I ran across your blog post below about Norton 360. I'm sorry you're running into issues with your computer moving in slow motion. I can't say for certain what could be causing this as I'm not a technical support representative, but if you are open to it, I can put you in touch with one over the phone. They can help troubleshoot the issue.

If you are interested, please provide me with your telephone number so they can contact you.

Regards,
Cecilia


First of all...let me state that I'm amazed that my little blog goes where it goes and is read by as many people as it is from time to time.

Next, let me state that I might have been premature in asserting that the Norton 360 product was the source of everything negative that was happening here on my computer over the past few days.

I in fact said the same thing in my answer to Miss Cecilia:

Miss Daclan,

Thank you for your offer.

I must admit that I may have been a bit premature in publicly lamenting the performance issues I'm experiencing and blaming your company's product in the process.

I am committed to correcting my system problems and following up my experience in writing on my blog to set the record straight when I finish. I will contact your customer support if and when I finish reading the help sections on setting up the software and IF I am still unable to correct the situation.

In my defense, there does seem to be some "spyware/malware" residing on my computer that has as yet to be purged by your company's product and is the source of at least some of my performance problems. I've reported the site online to Norton and hope to have things cleared up in short order.

Again, thank you for your prompt response. It is quite surprising to me the reach a simple little blog posting has on the World Wide Web, and it is nice to know that your company and it's employees are paying attention.

Best Regards,

Virgil Rogers


Meanwhile, I've got a Dynamic Vibration Absorber to design...so I've got to go now...

No comments: