Monday, June 18, 2007

Virgil 1...Software 0

I Beat Myself...


After wrestling around with my computer for almost four days, things are almost back to normal here in the Golden Isles--at least in our residence in the Sea Palms Community.

As a result of my new technical success, and since the letter came today from the Glynn Art Association accepting my work "Night Vision," I thought I'd take this opportunity to show it to you:



(final image to be 32" wide x 14" high)

It's a PhotoShop edited inversion of a photo of a cypress tree swamp I found beside the road last fall somewhere down between Tallahassee and Mexico Beach, Florida.

And then there is something I call "Just Looking":

(final image 24" wide x 30" high)


I made this photo last winter of some Turkey Buzzards roosting up in a dead tree on the north end of our little island. Again, Photoshop was employed to do a "negative inversion" effect on the original color image taken on a dreary day.

Both will be professionally printed out in California from my digital files, hurredly shipped to me via UPS or Fed EX, and framed and matted by my friend Tracy over at Artisan's frame shop in Brunswick.

Then I'm going to toss them on the wall down on Mallory street on June 30th and step back and wait for the dust to settle in the exhibit which runs through the month of July.

Wish me luck, if you will...

No comments: