Thursday, June 21, 2007

Still Infected

Anyone Have Any Digital Penicillin?


I'm sorry to report that my computer spent most of yesterday afternoon and the early evening either hiccuping , farting, and belching, else it was tied up spinning and banging and whirling around as it was being scanned by my Norton 360 software for the same fungus that's had us in it's grips since last Friday.

I was afraid to touch it during most of the process for fear of catching the same infection in the cuticles of my toes or somewhere else important like my crotch or gums, so not much got done around here since about 3 PM yesterday.

Once I revived myself and tried to get going again about 2:00 AM things seem to be OK as I haven't been interrupted by any fake Bellsouth DSL screens thus far this morning.

I'm not holding my breath, however.

I absolutely have to get my building permit application delivered to the City of Brunswick in the next couple of days else I'm going to be finished with the job and have the building inspectors kicking me in the head with stupid details that really don't matter in retribution for violating their government imposed rules.

I find it to somehow be damming that the government gets in the way of me improving a building that was built in 1959 and currently has clunky plumbing and no central AC or heat.

Who are they to tell me that if I don't leave things in their current ancient decrepit state that I have to jump through flaming hoops wearing $150 running shoes and pay them $90 for a permit to work on MY BUILDING.

MY BUILDING.

The building that I paid cash for a little over three years ago and have dropped another $1,000 of tax money on since then.

The building that one dumbass left in the middle of the night owing me $825 worth of past due rent money two years ago.

Yes...THAT building.

Screw the government...if they don't like it I'll tear the whole thing down and pay reduces taxes on the bare dirt like the guys did next door and across the street.

Dammit...

No comments: