Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tropical Weather

Ya Gotta Love It...


In case that you haven't noticed or I've failed to mention it, I plan my life these days around what I see on the NOAA Website and the Weather Channel.

As I've said before, if I was 17 years old again instead of 47 and I knew what I know now about the development of career opportunities for weather nerds I would have studied meteorology in college instead of engineering and you would possibly be able to tune in and see my ever greying, ever balding head on TV instead of Jim Cantori's shiny knob each evening.

Early this morning I noticed that the radar loop out of Jacksonville looked like we had a slight rotation in the weather sitting offshore between our little island and Daytona.

Now the weather nerds over at the Weather Channel are talking about it causing the Space Shuttle having to scrub it's landing plans twice today and I'm looking outside at wind gusts up near 30 MPH and a nice rain falling--thereby preventing my afternoon bike ride over to pick up a copy of the local newspaper from the Sea Palms Clubhouse.

That's OK, because I have a new generator, insurance, and gallons of drinking water standing by just in case another Katrina-like event stands up and blows us all away overnight.

I've taken a day off from the jobsite and spent the time finishing up eight pages of drawings for the Duplex renovation, and after an early morning trip tomorrow morning to Home Depot and Walmart I'll once again be grinding around building new wall framing and punching holes in concrete block.

Thank goodness my existing debris covered roof is still sound so I can work inside in the crappy weather that is apparently going to be with us through the weekend.

Y'all have a Happy Summer Solstice...enjoy the day with longest period of daylight of the year, if you will...

No comments: